TASTY TREATS FOR THIS THANKSGIVING.
Hey folks! It’s that time of year. The time to send out the recipe for one of the favorite treats of “Mark & Walt in the Morning”. The nearly-world famous (or infamous) White Russian Brownies!!
These are a full-on, no holds barred, knock-down, drag out plateful of chocolaty goodness. So without further ado and unnecessary holiday hyperbole, here is the recipe for your consideration and completion!
MARK & WALT’S WHITE RUSSIAN BROWNIES:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream 1 1/4 cups of sugar and 4 tablespoons of butter. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coffee liqueur. Sift together 1 cup of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Spread half of this mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of sugar. Add softened cream cheese and mix well. Stir in 1 egg, 2 tablespoons butter, and the vodka. Mix until smooth. Spread this evenly over the chocolate layer. Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the top of this. You can make a pattern of stripes or swirl the chocolate with a toothpick.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven. When brownies are cool, brush with the remaining 1/4 cup of coffee liqueur.